Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 14, 2010

the big day

Well, today was the big day...the day of my 5K. I have been look forward to/training for/having anxiety over this day for months. I went into it thinking that I was fairly prepared. I was able to run/walk two other 5Ks this week (not official ones, just me at the park), and I started at completing it in 5o minutes, the next time I shaved off some time, completing it in 47.5 minutes. My goal for today was three-fold...(1) To finish with dignity, (2) to finish in 45 minutes, and (3) to not slow my friends down. I was able to finish with dignity, but I'm afraid I did slow my friend down a bit. However, she was a great encourager, and with her encouragement I was able to finish the race in 42.5 minutes....2.5 minutes faster than my goal! Yay!!! It's been a long journey to get here, and I have an even longer one ahead of me as I continue to run and try to get in shape, and to become healthier and thinner. It's going to be a long road, and I will not give up. My race is over, but my journey is just past the starting line. I am finally starting to see some tiny results, and while it's not happening as fast as I would like for it to, I am determined not to give up until I get to where I want to be.

In conjunction with this I have started reading Beth Moore's new book So Long Insecurity. I am about a third of the way into it, and it is rocking my world...which is just what I need! I am going to blog more about that later, but if you haven't gotten the book, I HIGHLY recommend it...go get it today!! Okay, here is a before and after pic of my 5K team:






2 comments:

LB said...

SO PROUD OF YOU!!! Way to stay committed! You inspire me!

Rachel said...

We look exactly the same in the before and after. Good thing it was cold or I would have been a sweaty mess. I am so glad it is over.