Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

about to turn a corner

1 more day of week 3 and then on to week 4...apparently I'll be running 3 miles consistently in just 6 weeks...I'm feeling more confident that this will be attainable. Every day gets easier, and every day I get more and more excited about the actual running part of the run/walk.

Saturday I woke up with a terrible cold, and I have felt bad all weekend. The old Angela would have just said, "you don't feel good, take some time off, you deserve it." But, the new me decided to forge ahead and get my workout in anyway. It was definitely tough, and I could tell that I was more rundown than normal. But now that I've done it, I feel great! Okay, I don't actually physically feel great....but you know what I mean! :)

This is the time in a workout where the old Angela would start to get discouraged and give up...but not this Angela. My pants have started to become snug around the legs, and I have no idea where my weight is...I'm not looking for at least another week. BUT I know that this is normal. I know that my legs will get bigger before they get smaller. I know that I will probably gain weight before I lose weight. So, instead of being discouraged by my tighter jeans....I'm choosing to be encouraged, and excited, because that only means this is working! I WILL stick with this...I'm going on 3 weeks straight, and I have to say I think that is the longest I've stuck with any sort of workout routine. So, in short, I'm proud of myself, and super excited to see how far I can go with this, and what the outcome will be. If nothing else I will prove to myself that I can do it!

Thanks for joining me on this journey....

No comments: